The Best Fun-Filled Family Activities
Here is an easy homemade dough recipe by Sassy Mama:
- Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and vegetable oil together in a bowl.
- Add 2 cups boiling water to the bowl, 1 cup at a time.
- Divide the dough into smaller portions and add food colouring to each portion.
- Allow the dough to cool.
- Knead the dough for a few minutes to remove its stickiness.
- Time to get creative!
- Uno Junior: An easy-to-learn game with straightforward instructions, this simplified version is great for kids age 3 and older. Teach your kids about colour matching, and basic mathematical concepts while having fun! The best part about this game, it is completely portable. Play it at home, at a restaurant, at a hotel or anywhere really.
- Jenga: Perfect for all ages, Jenga is a game that requires mental and physical skill. It is a great game for kids to learn decision-making skills and to improve their hand-to-eye coordination. The rules are simple – build a tower, remove one block at a time and place it on top, while maintaining structural stability. No complicated instructions necessary!
- Don’t Break the Ice: A great game for preschool aged children, this a light strategy game that challenges players to make critical decisions. This will put your child’s hand-to-eye coordination skill to the test as it requires the player to continuously strike the pieces until it dislodges without causing the penguin to fall through. This is a quick and easy game if you need to squeeze in an activity just before mealtimes.
- Stirring batter in a bowl
- Rinsing fruits and vegetables
- Cutting soft fruits and vegetables
- Mixing and kneading dough
- Measuring ingredients
- Spreading butter on bread
As your child gets older, you can explore complex recipes which they can complete by themselves, and this can be a major confidence booster. Cooking together can be a fun way to teach your child valuable skills, promote good nutrition and make long-lasting memories in the process. Here are some easy recipes your kids can make all by themselves!
- Admiralty Park
Address: 31 Riverside Road, Singapore 730000
How To Get There: 15 mins walk from Woodlands MRT Station; By bus from Woodlands Bus Interchange.
Lighting Hours: 7am to 7pm. No lights in the forested area after dark.
- Jurassic Mile
Address: Airport Boulevard
How To Get There: Alight at Changi Airport MRT Station and follow on-ground signs towards Terminal 2, then onwards to HUB & SPOKE cafe.
You may then take a 2km walk or cycle to Jurassic Mile. Bicycles can be rented from the HUB & SPOKE pit stop outside Terminal 2.
- Coney Island
Address: Beside Punggol Promenade Nature Walk
How To Get There: From Punggol interchange, take bus 84 to Punggol Point Park/Punggol Settlement. Walk about 500m east along the Punggol Promenade Nature Walk to get to Coney Island Park West Entrance.
Lighting Hours: 7am to 7pm (Gates will be closed at 7pm)